Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Best Food I Ate in 2010

The more I think about it, the more impossible it seems to pick just one best from all the food I ate last year. I decided to break it down into categories. The first category is the one closest to my heart, HAMBURGER. Living in the Midwest for 10 years, I've become a meat and potatoes kind of guy. Whenever I go to a new restaurant and don't know what to get, I find it safe to order a burger. You can never go wrong with a grilled juicy meat in between 2 buttered buns with deep-fried salty french fries on the side for some extra carbs.

The best HAMBURGER I ate in 2010 was at Labriola Bakery Cafe & Pizzeria in Oak Brook. Named after the owner, the "Richie Burger" is a trifecta of nicely seasoned juicy (I ordered mine medium) patty, the right amount of vegies (onions, lettuce and tomatoes) and the generously buttered PRETZEL BUN. It's not a surprise that a bakery that supplies bread to most Chicago restaurants makes the best pretzel bun I've ever had, crusty on the outside but oh so soft on the inside. What also makes it special is the side of freshly made skin on french fries or potato chips. There, that's the best hamburger I've had in 2010! What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment